Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WEEK TEN

So here we are in the middle of week ten our final week in this gorgeous course .This week is like a review of the whole integration of technology in class.What works and what hasn't been tried yet .The course has empowered me with great tool s and resources regarding CALL .Although my real practice of what I have learned is just in its early stage I find it encouraging .Finally I got the feeling that my students and I share the same world .In the past during my speaking lessons it was like we come from different worlds .Now my students are interested and motivated to take part of the class .i cant wait to practice other technology tools I haven't yet used .

I think  I'm going to suggest a similar course or at least workshop for my faculty ,to enable my mates get advantage of technology .I'm already sharing what Ive learned and trying to establish a wide understanding for the importance of CALL .

I hope that I continue contacting with those Ive met through the course ,it has been a great opportunity to participate in such a fruitful learning experience .

Best wishes

Batool

6 comments:

  1. Hi Batool!

    Guess what? I agree with you 100%! I believe this online course has been very motivating and this week is about evaluating the course and reviewing the integration of technology in our classes. Following the LoTi framework as a starting point to see our level of integration of technology in our teaching practices makes me think ahead and try to do my best in order to improve it. I also think it would be nice to keep blogging and keep learning as an online community.
    Best regards,
    Roxana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batool.
    We are sharing the same thoughts and feelings.
    I am sure that we learnt many aspects that at least I did not know that they were on the web, like a web lab. The computer assisted language learning, where we search and we study using applications. I mean there are many important new tools for me; I am ready to start planning incorporating tech tools in my daily work.
    I will love to take another course like this one at least twice a year, and check my improvement with LoTi


    hope to see you soon at the web!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Batool,
    You are right, this week is very important because it's a self-reflection on what happened in these 10 weeks. I think all of us are "new" teachers now. We have broken some paradigms and we have understood that there are other ways to make things happen in the classroom and we know how to do it, that's great!
    You are a very enthusiastic teacher and I'm happy that in this course you have found the tools to connect to your students, because teaching teenagers is not easy.
    I wish all the best to you and "see you" some other time.

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Batool,
    I agree with you as well. This course was a treasure in terms of knowledge and practical ideas to be incorporated in our professional life. I admire your philanthropy It is definitively a good idea to share this knowledge with your peers at work. I gauged myself against the LoTi survey and I realize now that I have a long way to go. I have liked it that they have left this deep thought-provoking topic for the last chapter, which makes us aware of where we are at the moment. However, hand by hand together and joining forces we can make real changes possible. If you keep this blog open in the future I will come here to pay you a visit. The same goes for Roxana, Andrea and Mónica. You all are more than welcome to come to my blog as well. See you later.

    ReplyDelete