Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Great Week Coming

So sad time is running fast !The topics  in this course are so interesting one hardly catches up !I  always feel I need more time for more practice every time I'm exposed to a new web tool .
This week was the first time Ive heard of ANVILL ,I didn't know a virtual lab even exists !
Its wonderful to apply such technology in our classes where not much equipment is available .Developing listening and speaking has always been at the top of my concerns ,I thought about using Skype to connect my students with others from different parts of the world ,I never thought there was another option .
Although I feel ignorant ,but I'm willing to learn from Jeff and surfing the web more about creating a virtual lab .
I feel so surprised I need some time to react again .

This technology is changing not just the way we teach but even the way we learn !
Batool

3 comments:

  1. Batool.
    I have the same thought. During this week I received at my e-mail an evaluation for the course, and it catches me on a very great moment that I forgot to write down this aspect. TIME. I love the course, I love what I am learning, but I need time to practice ALL , it is many information, many things are new for us, and first we have to practice then we can give them to our students. ANVILL is a great tool, that few people have access for it. At least this is the first time that I know that a virtual lab exists. What else is hidden on the web???

    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Batool,
    We missed you at the live webinar today. Jeff Magoto "walked us through" the application and we got to see how it is being used for speaking and listening classes. I also agree with Andre that the time factor is crucial to getto practice everything we have learned so far. I have enjoyed this course a lot too. So, Batool, what language do you speak locally? and How are you doing with your final draft?. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi batool,

    Yes, the same concern: developing speaking and listening skills is a very challanging feature in ETL as our students rarely find a chance to speak English. I hope ANVIL will help us all.

    Samira

    ReplyDelete